Larson Construction Approved Contractor for the Second High School
The Waukee Board of Education unanimously approved Larson Construction Co., Inc. as the general contractor for the second high school on September 24.
Bids for the project were received on September 13. Based on a review of the bids, frk recommended the Waukee Community School District award the contract to Larson Construction Co., Inc. for the Base Bid amount and Alternates 1 for a total contract amount of $120,900,000.
The apparent low bid was submitted by Larson Construction Co., Inc. in the Base Bid amount of $100,600,000.00. Alternate bids were also received as follows:
- Alternate 1 – Outdoor Athletics: Add $20,300,000
- Alternate 2 – Greenhouse: Add $265,000
- Alternate 3 – Change of Synthetic Field Sport Surfacing: Add $11,000
About the Second High School
- Capacity: 1,800 Students with supporting staff
- Building Area: Approximately 382,000 gross square feet
- Site: Approximately 100 acres of a 160-acre joint development with the City of Waukee
- Planned Opening: Fall, 2021-22
- Location: Waukee, Iowa