On the Ballot
Waukee Community School District Board of Education will be calling for a special election to be held on February 6, 2018, to contract indebtedness and issue General Obligation Bonds in an amount not to exceed $117,000,000 to provide funds to build, furnish and equip a new high school building and improve the site, including grading of access routes and the 160-acre site; and to improve, remodel, furnish and equip the current high school facility.
- General obligation tax bonds are used to build schools and additions.
- General obligation cannot be used to fund teacher salaries or programming needs.
- The amount of bonding capacity within a district is determined by its debt and its ability to pay off the debt.
- Bonds cannot be sold without voter approval at an election called a referendum.
- This bond referendum requires a 60 percent supermajority “YES” vote to pass.
- Approval of this bond referendum will not impact the district’s portion of the property tax rate.
No Tax Impact!
Approval of this bond referendum will not impact the district’s portion of your property tax rate.
Who Can Vote?
Waukee Community School District Residents 18 years of age and older can vote on February 6. A nonregistered resident can sign up to vote at their voting location by providing proof of age and residence.
Polls will be open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. on February 6, 2018.
- Waukee Community School District Administration Office, 560 SE University Ave, Waukee
- St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church, 7075 Ashworth Road, West Des Moines
You can vote absentee by mail! The Dallas County Auditor will send you an official ballot that must be postmarked and returned by Feb. 5, 2018. Contact the Dallas County Auditor with questions, 515.993.6914.
Send completed request form to:
Dallas County Election Office
210 N. 10th
Adel, IA 50003